Choosing the Best Corrugated Box Supplier
The ChoiceThe choice of a box maker/printer depends on the characteristics of size and style of the piece to be printed, the material required, the quantity, plant location, track record and your budget.
The purpose and complexity of the job will often guide quality and cost considerations.
So, it may be better to find a one source supplier like ACC with all the in-house capabilities you need -
because we are:
- A supplier with lots of dependable automation, niche (strength), and best reputation.
- A dedicated focus on packaging solutions from our designers and supervisors.
- We partner with the premier sources such as proactive containerboard mills, ink, and parts supply chain.
- A team of experienced packaging specialists provides value-driven ideas that identify the best supplies solution for your packaging applications.
- A highly-trained Customer Relations Management Team answers your questions and handles the details of your order, from placement to shipment.
- Simply stated, we provide quoting, consultative, and troubleshooting services with timely response when problems occur.
- JIT inventory controled and other logistics that ensures that you have what you want when you need it. Time defines logistics, but in Arizona the real battle is over reliability of delivery.
Pricing & ValueEvery sale requires a choice between value and price. When requesting a price price from us, we need detailed product specifications. this is also the basis for comparing services and prices for placeing the order.
- At times, we ask to approve a sample before proceeding. It becomes part of the order.
- ACC specifies in detail what is to be bid, including dies or tooling. This allows a more exact apples-to-apples bid comparison
- Ask about lower prices with additional volume. (Quantity breaks)
Today, in the competetive business world, some buyers and sellers look at corrugated boxes as a commodity with no product differentiation. Price here is the major consideration. Getting three price bids is the game for buyers. Unfortunately, many times their prices and values compare apples to oranges.
Perhaps the best summation of price vs. value is offered by the sales executive who said, “Every product is like a pie cut into eight parts. These slices are Benefits, Quality, Service, Value, Reliability, Satisfaction, a reasonable Profit, and Extra Mileage. Since the part is never greater than the whole, why should Price ever be the the determining factor in a sale? An example of our unique box value is revealed in a –
Our Unique Box Value is Revealed in Our Quote Analysis:
- Is this a new, old, or a current design or sample?
- What are the problems with the old design?
- Do you need a new sample or a 3D drawing for final approval?
- Blank and box dimensions?
- Quantity? (With 10% over?)
- Weight of the product shipped?
- What style of box or display?
- What is the printing layout? Number of colors?
- Will it be litho-laminated or flexo?
- Glued, taped or stitched?
- Inside or outside tabs?
- What flute specification?
- Special die cutting? (Tooling?)
- Cost of materials (board, print plates, ink)?
- Will it need testing?